Generally, the whole Fisher series of the metal detectors is more suitable for newbies than experienced people in this hobby. Despite the fact that Fisher F44 is comparatively decent for treasure hunters with experience, it still cannot be considered a professional level tool. One of the most reasonable methods of choosing among these tools is the following: Fisher F11 is the best for children, Fisher F22 will be a great choice for the beginners, and Fisher F44 metal detector is fine for more experienced detectorists.
When choosing for a tool to hunt for treasures, keep in mind that Fisher is a reliable and reputable brand with its own history, famous for quality it provides. At the same time, the equipment it manufactures is super easy to cope with; for example, Fisher F11 metal detector and Fisher F22 metal detector are simple enough for a child or total noob to handle. However, they will fit perfectly for finding some coins and relics. To learn everything you need to know about this series, check out our Fisher F11 review, Fisher F22 review, and Fisher F44 review all provided in one post.
The whole Fisher series is famous for its convenience and simplicity. Due to simplicity, it is perfect for children, while convenience makes any item from the series good enough for a newbie female treasure hunter.
Being totally perfect for noobs, the most beautiful aspect about this series is switch on and go concept. The tools do not weight much, but this does not affect the design – instead, their unique design makes them waterproof. The search coil is waterproof, as well. Not for underwater search, of course, but enough for seamless performance in wet weather.
The operation of each item from the series is more intuitive than technical; due to accurate and efficient Target ID feature, even total noobs will be able to get some finds. All items provide 4 tones of audio signals, identifying steel, iron, silver, and gold. The Pinpoint feature enables to narrow the place for digging, and save time and effort when taking out the targets.
Fisher F11 Metal Detector
In general, you will not find anything brand new and unique about this machine. It has usual shaft, simple handle and plastic armrest. By the way, talking about the armrest – in this model, if you occasionally break the elbow-board while searching, you can simply turn it and continue your search.
The main disadvantage of the item is usage of 9V PP3 accumulators. This is an old-fashioned approach, and the company should definitely change it for the next series. Definitely.
There are advantages, though. The screen is really big and handy, you do not need a microscope to actually see the information and settings, as it often happens with metal detectors. Another advantage is that the tool allows to change the volume of signal. Honestly, many treasure hunters are ready to excuse the prehistoric battery, if they get the ability to set the volume.
Fisher F11 Features
The main differences of this item in comparison to the other two are as follows:
- considering that it is good for beginners, the price of the tool is super affordable and on-budget;
- the owner quickly get used to the signals and within a short period of time, learns what signal and tone means what find;
- sensitivity and volume are adjustable, but no complicated settings for those.
Fisher F22 Metal Detector
This item is a bit more complicated, but not much. On the other hand, many users claim that it is much better in quality and sensitivity than the previous one. It has three search regimes, and the fourth one is custom mode – you can make settings for particular location and save them.
Thank God, the batteries for the tool are two AA batteries. The battery life is about 25 hours without pausing. Accumulators give only 15 hours. The tool allows to regulate volume of signal, sensitivity, and discrimination. The display is large and convenient enough to see the settings.
In other terms, it is better than the previous item, but worse than the next item in the series.
Fisher F22 Features
The main differences of this title from the other two are as follows:
- Here, Target ID VDI feature is available, and the users state it is decently accurate. It offers the range from 0 to 99, and you can learn to define what is what.
- Seamless performance under the rain and on wet soil.
- Users claim it is good for searching in parks and even on littered locations.
Fisher F44 Metal Detector
This item is the top of the series. It is very lightweight, only 1,04 kgs, and the length is up to 130 cm. The two most outstanding advantages of this tool is adequate charging via 2 AA batteries, and the big and convenient display with the settings and tap lights. The promised battery life is up to 40 hours, and this is another benefit. In all other terms, it is a standard on-budget metal detector of decent quality.
It has a usual shaft, but the handle could be better, though. The armrest and the headphones cable plug in are the same as in the previous two models – decent, but not super awesome. There is a decent amount of settings, but the sensitivity of the tool is not enough for the top productivity on some locations.
The unusual egg-like shape of the coil promises more effective search, but its immediate advantage is small weight. The tool shows high performance in wet weather, same as the previous two items.
Fisher F44 Features
Fisher F44 differs from the two previous models with the following features:
- it has five search modes, including the customizable one for enhanced convenience of the user;
- 20 levels of volume and sensitivity range;
- Both Auto and Manual ground balancing available;
- Fe Tone Adjustable Iron Audio, allowing to discriminate iron and trash targets;
Pros And Cons
The review for each title in the series clearly shows pros and cons of each tool. However, they share some of the general characteristics you have to consider if you want to buy one of the metal detectors by Fisher.
- affordable and on-budget machines
- lightweight, perfect for children and women
- easy to set, easy to cope with; follow the switch on and go concept
- provides all standard features of a decent metal detector, without additional fancy stuff
- good for total noobs
- big and convenient display
- customizable settings mode is available
- adjustable sensitivity and signal volume
- Fisher F11 has 9V PP3 accumulators is definitely a disadvantage; the majority of other manufacturers (like, about 99%?) do not use this prehistoric approach anymore
- plastic armrest that breaks easily
- waterproof does not mean functional in water
However, despite some really serious cons, this series is awesome for those who wants to try metal detecting without investing all money of the world into the hobby. Most users find the series affordable and handy.
The standard kit includes:
- metal detector
- 3 parts shaft
- securing screws
- Fisher F11 – 7” Mono coil, Fisher F22 – 9” Mono coil, Fisher F44 – 11” DD coil
The Fisher F11, Fisher F22, and Fisher F44 series offers high quality and performance for reasonable on-budget price. Each item is suitable for a specific segment of audience, and offers only those settings which this particular audience is most likely to find useful. They are not stuffed with a bunch of complicated settings nobody can cope with, but has to pay for. Due to that, and together with practical design and convenience, the Fisher series has gained the love of many metal detectorists around the world.