If you are looking to get involved in the hobby of metal detecting, there is a product available here that is perfect for the beginner. This great hobby can yield some very rewarding results. You never know what you could find on your outings, especially with the right equipment at hand to make sure you don’t miss that precious find. As a beginner, you will no doubt be looking for a reasonably priced, easy to use but high quality product. The Garrett Ace 300 Metal Detector hits all of those requirements with ease, so read on to learn more about this great metal detector.
Garrett Ace 300
Table of Contents
The Garrett Ace 300 is an excellent detector for beginners and even the more advanced user. This device offers an excellent potential detection depth (much dependent on the material being scanned), sturdy and hard wearing design (which ensures that your device stays functional even after a scrape or two) and very easy to assemble and operate (so even those most recent to take up this hobby will be able to get up and running in no time at all). This device looks professional too, you know you will have a piece of quality in your hands with this device. You get all this, but for a price that no other comparable device could offer you. Take a deeper look at the features of the Garrett Ace 300 metal detector.
The Garrett Ace 300 metal detector is a really great machine. And thanks to cutting edge technology, it is considered one of the most aggressive metal detectors in the industry. It has many features including one touch treasure hunting, five search modes, a continuous depth indicator and pinpoint targeting. With pinpoint targeting, you have the ability to accurately determine the location of a specific target.
This feature works best when used in sand or gravel. In order for the pinpoint feature to work you have to move the search coil to the loudest possible setting. Once there, push and hold the pinpoint button. You are not in pinpoint mode. Now you can begin sweeping the ground. Make sure the metal detector is not too close to the ground. Keep it at a consistent height while you sweep. Once the metal detector is right on top of a target, it will notify you. The target ID light will turn on and the LCD will display at least 5 bars.
Now let’s talk briefly about the detection modes. As stated before, the Garrett Ace 300 comes with 5 search modes. All metal, coins, relics, jewelry and custom. In custom mode, you are able to control the notch discrimination and target ID settings. All metal mode can detect all sorts of metals and can be used when searching for different types of targets. Jewelry mode will detect jewelry, coin mode will detect coins and relic mode will detect things such as brass and lead.
Another great feature about this the Garret Ace 300 is that it was created with your comfort in mind. You can adjust the stem and armrest to a setting that is comfortable for you. There is also a headphone jack so you can accurately distinguish the tones. This way you know if something is worth your time or just a piece of trash.
Once you find a treasure please make sure you dig it up safely. You don’t want to damage the target before you retrieve it. The Garrett Ace 300 owner’s manual suggest you use the C-Cut method. This basically means you will use a knife to cut a “C” around the target. Pull up the dirt and extract the target. Once you have the target you will need to replace the removed ground back in place.
Overall, the Garrett Ace 300 is a great metal detector. It is perfect for those who love to go out on the beach and search for those hidden treasures.
- Electronic Pinpointing: this allows you to be very precise in your location, which will reduce digging time and improve the hit rate.
- Accept/Decline Discrimination: allows you to modify the discrimination patters that the device recognizes.
- Five Search Modes: All Metal, Jewelry, Custom, Relics, Coins and Pinpoint. Allows you to target certain popular materials in your search; improving accuracy and success rates. These modes give you a varied and diverse search pattern, so no matter what you are looking for, you are going to find it.
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: will allow you to determine your target depth more accurately to aid your recovery.
- Battery Condition Indicator: continual monitoring of the battery life.
- Interchangeable ACE Series Search Coils: various coils are available depending on the type of search you intend to do.
- Expanded Target ID Legend: this is an easy to read panel above the display screen on the device.
- VDI numbers indication.
- Pushbutton Controls: single touch operation makes settings changes very easy.
- The metal detector can also be disassembled into three easy to manage pieces no longer than 24 inches in length. There is a 0.25 inch audio jack for headphones to be inserted. There is also an adjustable arm cuff for a more comfortable fit.
Pin-pointer. A pin-pointer will allow you to get a very accurate location on the find you have discovered with your Garrett Ace 300. With this accurate location, you can minimize the amount of digging you need to do. Imaging only having to dig a hole at the diameter of a 2 pence piece rather than a 30 cm diameter. This will save you a lot of time and energy; this will be a great companion to your metal detector.
It has a PROformance DD 8.5 inch x 11 inch search coil. This double D coil makes it easy to operate the metal detector in the toughest ground conditions. Another great feature not mentioned above is enhanced iron resolution. The Garrett Ace 400 metal detector has the ability to better discriminate against iron target. It has a wide iron range and can easily identify different types of iron. It can literally separate it out.
This means those searching for jewelry and coins will get better results. With enhanced iron resolution, you will dig up less trash. Moreover, if you are searching for older targets that lie deep under the ground, this metal detector will help you find them. With the Garrett Ace 400, you can easily identify valuable targets. Moreover, it doesn’t matter if you are looking small, medium or large iron targets, you can find it with this machine.
The Garrett Ace 400 also has a higher frequency of 8.25 kHz. This higher frequency gives the 400 the ability to search out highly conductive targets such as gold with ease. Other great features of this machine include electronic pinpointing, five search modes, battery condition indicator, continuous coin depth indicator, push button controls and interchangeable ACE series search coils.
The five search modes are jewelry, custom, relics, coins and zero. So as you can see, the 400 is packed with a ton of features. It is a great metal detector for both beginners and more advanced searches. If you want to introduce your kids to metal detecting, this is the perfect metal detector to do it with. In addition, with its 15 to 20 hour lifespan, you can be out on the beach searching for metal all day.
If you have the plan to buy Garrett ACE 300 metal detector for sure that plan has finally become an interest after you have made yourself familiar with its features. But this innovative brand does not merely end there, because there are also pros that further support the unique functions it has.
- The search coil that this metal detector contains is combined with rugged durability. This kind of durability is waterproof and is ideal to use even if you are hunting through the beach or any watered-surface hunting location.
- This device is created by linking the real image of technology on it. This is the kind of technology that gives the device a look of a more updated and more innovative brand.
- This device has made use of ACE 300. According to experts, ACE 300 is proven to be great for the optimum metal detection.
However, if you really are interested in Garrett ACE 300, there are also some cons regarding the functions of this device. But take note that the features it has are incomparably leading than the other brands of a metal detector.
- It takes sometimes before the hunters (especially those who are beginners) can find what the sounds are all about.
- Hunters should initially have eight to ten uses of the device before the signal of different sounds it produces can be determined and understood.
There has been a great deal of positive feedback from happy customers who have been using the Garrett Ace 300 both in a beginners fashion and even up to the more professional/competitive standard. Some of the comments the users of the Garrett Ace 300 were:
- Very good at coin shooting; after two minutes of the device being operational I was finding coins 4-5 inches underground in my garden
- The device is very light, so nice and easy to carry over long distances
- The batteries (4 x AA) last a long time, especially when conserving them by powering down when not searching
- This is a great device at an absolute steal, perfect for a beginner to get into the hobby
- The instructional DVD made things very simple to set up and get started straight away
As you can see, there is some great feedback from the customers who have purchased the Garrett Ace 300.
Hopefully, you can see that this device is a very high quality, functionally excellent beginner to an advanced level detection device. At the price this device retails at, you will not find another device that operates the same functionality. If you are new to the hobby, this device is perfect for you.