Teknetics Delta 4000 Overview
While there is obviously nothing supernatural about the tech specs of this device, you still get a bunch of opportunities for the small money you pay. This machine, while primitive at first sight, will enable even the person who has their hands on the detector for the first time to quickly learn this skill. While it will take time to actually interpret the signals properly, and manage to find something really decent in the field, the beginner detectorist will at least be saved from frustration trying to cope with the settings.
Delta 4000 by Teknetics has the following specifications:
- all purpose
- interchangeable search coils
- 8 inches coil in kit
- VLF single frequency
- 7.8 kHz operating frequency
- collapsible shaft
- adjustable audio tones
- depth indication is present
- 0-99 target ID segments
- fixed threshold
- adjustable discrimination
- pinpoint mode is available
- fixed ground balance
- two search modes
- LCD display
- the display is backlit
- interchangeable headphones
- 9-Volt battery
- 20-25 hours of battery life
- weight 6.5 lbs
Delta 4000 will offer the following features to the user:
- pinpointer mode included, so that the user does not need to purchase an additional tool
- interchangeable search coil means there are other coils compatible, and you can make your device more versatile depending on your targets or location
- adjustable shaft and convenient arm strap will help the newbie to get used to search
- the battery life is just enough for any beginner detectorist
- Exclusive features are as follows:
- 5 Segment Depth Indicator to facilitate your digging
- Notch control helps to silence the signals from certain metals
- Overload Alarm System prevent the whole thing from overload when the received is overwhelmed with amount of signal, mixed, or false signal
These features, not being very demanding in terms of setting, increase the efficiency of search, and give the user minimal control over sensitivity of the device.
There are two main search modes plus Pinpoint. Pinpoint is always good to have included right into the metal detector, especially for the beginner who may be reluctant to purchase another item. Yet, most detectorists quickly find out they actually need a pinpointer (if they don’t have one) to actually be able to dig out small targets. So, having it in your device immediately is pretty handy.
The All Metal mode is generic search mode reacting to all metal items you stumble across in the field. For sure, using this mode means you will have to dig out a lot of trash, especially during your first search sessions. However, the only way to improve your skill is through practical learning. Sometimes, All Metal mode is very handy.
Discrimination mode, on the other hand, helps filter signals received from trash. You have a higher chance of spotting something valuable, plus don’t forget you have other settings that narrow down the sensitivity to objects. You will be able to ignore all trash and junk metals, which is especially useful in highly littered areas.
To be honest, having only two those modes is not much. Many other brands offer newbie level metal detectors that at least have Field/Park search mode. But the price is actually higher for such machines.
Pros and Cons
The advantages of Delta 4000 include:
- very affordable
- 5 years warranty
- lengthy battery life
- pinpointer available
- switch on and go technology
- easy to learn
The disadvantages are:
- comparatively heavy
- two primitive search modes besides pinpoint
- no volume control
The list of pros and cons clearly indicates that this device is created for beginners.
The kit includes:
- metal detector
- 8 inches search coil
- 5 years warranty
- user manual
The majority of real customers around the world appreciates two main things about this metal detector. The first thing is the fact that the learning curve is not steep at all; the beginner detectorist just has to manage simple settings and he’s good to go. The second is the correlation of price and features, which is pretty fair. You get what you see, and do not have to pay for bells and whistles. Teknetics Delta 4000 is the basics every noob will be able to take advantage of – easy to use and bringing real finds.