Nokta Anfibio Multi Overview
Nokta Anfibio Multi is a metal detector that provides the user with three search frequencies – 5, 14, and 20 khz. This set of frequencies turns it into a universal tool for search of treasures, coins, and also for beach search in wet sand and water. What should be taken into consideration about this tool is that it is not multifrequency, meaning that each frequency in it works separately. Despite that fact, more than one available frequency makes this model from the series the most expensive one.
The Nokta Anfibio is provided with all the benefits and innovations the manufacturer managed to apply to all the previous models of its products. It has enhanced balance for improved ergonomics, operation panel, stationary battery, which makes it yet the best tool among all series of both brands that were previously separate. The shaft is lighter than before, and the elbow board position can be regulated simply by pressing on a big red button, and after that moving the elbow board along the shaft. No other metal detector offers such convenience.
The new model also offers a new coil – the coil is the round 11 DD one. This round coil adds a few inches to the depth of search, which can be decisive for some finds.
New Interesting Features
One of the first features that you can notice is the fact that the coil cable is not inside the shaft, but is placed around the shaft. This is done because the metal detector can work with either its own coil or with the Makro Kruzer coil, so logically the length of the wire should be the same.
The metal detector can also boast a new and more convenient handle. The operation panel has tap lights for buttons, which is a new thing making search in twilight or darkness more comfortable.
The elbow board has already been discussed, but honestly, our team has never met such a solution for setting the elbow board in an easy way. Here, you can regulate the position and make long search less physically exhausting for yourself.
Nokta Anfibio 14
This metal detector is considered to be the most ideal for search from the whole series. Yet, we believe it should have been priced a bit lower. The reason why this one-frequency model is considered to be universal for treasure hunting is because the 14 khz frequency is the most efficient for finding treasures. According to the industry statistics, more than 50% of the metal detectors in the world use 14 khz, or have this frequency among the available options.
Nokta Anfibio 19
This version of the metal detector is considered the most optimal for finding gold, compared to other models in the series. The point is, 19 khz frequency is the best for finding gold, small coins, and jewelry. The tool has limited number of search programs, but this is reasonable since its frequency suggests a limited number of target types.
Nokta Anfibio Multi Search Modes
The main benefit of the Multi model, except its three frequencies, is that it offers nine search modes. Here are those modes:
- all metals mode. There is no differentiation for the different metals, but in this mode the tool shows higher sensitivity to the hot stones. On the other hand, it allows to find all metal objects in soil, so you can find literally everything that is located around.
- 2 tones mode – you can regulate the tones, and this mode is good for usual treasure hunting. You can also use it for new places, as the mode checks the soil with a decent depth.
- 3 tones – increased sensitivity, so set the tool depending on the place of hunt.
- 4 tones – this is a very sensitive mode, but it creates a lot of additional noise, so if you do not need it for a special task, it is better to choose another mode.
- 5 tones – this mode does not check the soil very deep, but it creates less noise. Good for searching in complicated places where the tool tends to give you false signals.
- 99 tones – creates a whole bunch of signals, but is extremely useful when the user needs to identify the type of metal and make a decision whether the object is worth digging or not.
- beach mode – this is a quiet mode with a high level of discrimination. It is generally good for any wet soils anywhere.
- Depth – we doubt you will use it often, but still, some people may need it. Considering that the tool can work underwater and endure 5 metres of depth, the only issue is that you will have to make really slow movements to allow the tool to find anything.
- treasure mode – it reacts to both smaller and bigger objects, but if you lift the coil a bit above the ground, you will be able to check only big objects.
Here are all the features you can enjoy when using this metal detector:
- Underwater performance up to 5 meters/ 16,4 ft (IP68);
- Multifrequency tool – 5, 14, and 20 khz;
- 9 search modes;
- New 11 inch coil;
- Enhanced depth and discrimination;
- Wireless headset is included in the kit;
- New improved software;
- Vibration signals;
- Stationary battery;
- Keyboard lights;
- New adjustable elbow board design.
The Nokta Anfibio shaft is worth discussing it separately a bit. In this model, it is strong enough and at the same time lightweight and well-balanced. Due to that, you can search with comfort for a long periods of time.
The weight of the shaft is 1,81 lbs (821 g), which is a positive characteristic, however, the balance is the most important advantage. Not each manufacturer is able to provide such a well-balanced tool. For example, the well-known XP Deus fails to offer strong and balanced shaft, and this is especially noticeable during the underwater search.
Nokta Anfibio Multi Pros And Cons
This is one of the best models among all offered by the two brands, but it also has its pros and cons.
- performs underwater, depth 5 meters: the user can find treasures in places where no one else can even seek for them;
- convenient elbow board design – now it is possible to adjust the elbow board quickly and easily.
- 9 search modes – each provides new possibilities and allows to set the tool for optimal results in different conditions.
- lighter shaft that makes long hours of search less exhausting.
- ergonomic handle convenient to bear the metal detector.
- tap lights helping the user to set the tool in darkness.
There are also some cons:
- this model is the most expensive in the series;
- it works only with one frequency per time; you cannot use a multifrequency mode;
- operation panel buttons are small and this can be not convenient enough for people with shorter fingers;
These are basically all disadvantages of the Nokta Anfibio Multi.
The Nokta Anfibio Multi kit includes the following items:
- Metal Detector
- Protected 11 DD coil;
- Wireless headset;
- Charge and synchronization cable;
- Battery charging board;
After all the testing this metal detector has underwent, it is totally possible to conclude that this is a well-designed and useful tool, without flaws and bugs. It demonstrates a high quality performance both in usual search and also for completing separate search tasks. We can suggest this is a good competitor for the Minelab Equinix 800 and XP Deus expected in 2019.